Tuesday, March 29, 2011

LG Fashion Week 2011 Opening Night Gala


Finale Holt Renfrew Presents Can't Live without Canadian Fashion 2011
We Canadians are a humble people. Not given to loud swagger, we simply do our thing and mind our business. But damn it, we should be proud of the many talent Canadian designers in our midst. Tonight during Holt Renfrew's runway presentation called Can't Live without Canadian Fashion for the opening night of LG Fashion Week 2011, I was in awe of the huge talent in evidence. Many of the looks by designers such as Greta Constantine, Smythe, Lida Baday and Jeremy Laing could have come from the runways of New York, London or Milan.

Fall-winter 2011 in Canada will be a season of cocooning with cowls, fur, and draping in abundance. The grays and blacks were punctuated by beautiful deep reds and bright olive greens. I  almost wish I could wear these fabulous looks right now as we await more spring like weather in Toronto.

Lida Baday FW 2011 at LG Fashion Week
This is an outfit I hope to wear to work at the museum this fall or perhaps my speech for the American Costume Society Mid-west Conference. Check out the elegant olive green socks and heels! 

Smythe FW 2011 at LG Fashion Week
And I think I'll take this Smythe outfit for my next trip to Aspen.

Me walking the red carpet in a Lida Baday skirt at LG Fashion Week
I'm still reveling in the glow of all that fabulous fashion, champagne and swag. Not surprisingly, it will be tough to get up to go to work tomorrow! 

artismylife@mac.com (Ingrid Mida) 29 Mar, 2011


--
Source: http://fashionismymuse.blogspot.com/2011/03/lg-fashion-week-opening-night-gala.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

No comments:

Post a Comment